It’s possible to pin important messages to any conversation for an easy reference. Pinned items can be seen in the Details section and all members within the channel or direct message can access that information.
How pinning works
- Pin your messages to add them into the Pinned section within the conversation
- Pin any files by pinning the message in which the actual file was shared in
- Click on the Information icon inside the channel or direct message, and then simply expand the Pinned section to view them all
Pining a message or an item
- Hover over the message you want to pin
- Click on the three dots icon
- Choose Pin Message
The message is now marked as pinned and is available in the Pinned section of the conversation.
- Tap and hold the message you’d like to pin
- Choose Pin message from the list of options
The message is now marked as pinned and can be seen in Pinned section.
Tip: You can pin no more than 100 messages to a channel or direct message at a time.
Removing a pin from message or an item
- Click on the Information details icon from a channel or a direct message
- Click on Pinned
- Simply click on the close icon next to the message you wish to unpin
- Click on Unpin to confirm the action
- Tap and hold the message you’d like to unpin
- Choose Unpin message from the list of options
The message is now unpinned and removed from the Pinned section.