Join or Leave Channel
In Pumble workspace, everything happens in dedicated spaces called channels. Use channels to organize conversations about specific subjects, whether they are business related or not. You can browse and join existing channels in your workspace, however, if you can’t seem to find what you’re looking for, feel free to create new channels and add your colleagues to start the communication on the given subject.
What to anticipate
- It’s not possible to browse for private channels in Pumble (only member of that private channel can add you to it)
- Once you join the channel, you’ll automatically be included in the members’ list
- Notifications you receive in the channel depend on whether you mute them for that specific channel or not
- You can leave public and/or private channel whenever you please, and you can always rejoin the public one (i.e. You still need to be added back into Private ones by any current member of that channel)
- Click on the channel browser located at the top left corner of your sidebar menu
- Browse for the channel or type the channel name in the search bar
- Click on the [channel_name] for a preview
- Click on Join Channel or See more details if you want to see all members that are listed in that channel
Members can’t leave #general channel.
- When in channel, click on the Information icon located at the top right corner
- Click on More
- Choose Leave [channel_name]
- Confirm that you wish to Leave Channel
If you leave private channel, you won’t be able to return unless an existing member adds you again. In addition to that, the messages and files in this channel won’t be displayed in your search results.