In a Pumble workspace, everything happens in dedicated spaces called channels. Use channels to organize conversations about specific subjects, whether they are business related or not. You can browse and join existing channels in your workspace, however, if you can't seem to find what you're looking for, feel free to create new channels and add your colleagues to start the communication on the given subject.
What to anticipate
- It's not possible to browse for private channels in Pumble. Any member of that private channel will need to add you into it.
- You will be added into the member list of the channel once you join it.
- Notifications you will receive in the channel depend on whether you mute them for that specific channel or not.
- You can leave a public and/or a private channel whenever you please, and you can always rejoin the public one. You will still need to be added back into private ones by any current member of that channel.
Join a channel
- Click on the channel browser option located on the top left corner of your sidebar menu.
- Browse for the channel or type the name of in in the search bar.
- Tap on the channel name to preview it.
- Tap on Join or See more details if you want to see all members that are listed in that channel.
Leave a channel
Keep in mind that members can't leave the #general channel.
- When in the channel, click on the Information icon located on the top right corner.
- Tap on Leave.
- Confirm that you wish to Leave the channel.
Note: If you leave a private channel, you won't be able to return back unless any existing member adds you back. In addition to that, the messages and files won't be shown in your search results.