By default, all team members in your Workspace have the ability to create both Public and Private channels.
Create a channel
- On your web application, tap on your Workspace name on the top left
- Select Create channel
- Name your channel. Channel name can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, hyphens, and must be between 1 and 24 characters long.
- Provide a brief description so that other team members would know what the channel is about (not required)
- Decide whether the channel should be Public or Private.
- Once you are done, tap on Create.
- Click on the Add option to start adding team members if the created channel is set to Private.