The channel name gives your team members an insight of what are the covered topics within those channels, however, things do change over time and you can always rename any active channel.
Renaming a channel
- Open the channel you wish to rename.
- Tap on the Information icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on ... More.
- Choose Additional options.
- Tap on Rename this channel.
- Type in the new name, and then tap on Rename Channel.
Switch a channel from public into private
Once and if a channel's conversations and details become more suited to be private, it is possible to to convert the channel from public to private. Private channels are best for those discussions that shouldn't be visible to all members of your Pumble Workspace.
To change a channel from public to private, please do the following:
- Open the channel you'd like to convert into private.
- Tap on the Information icon in the top right corner.
- Select . . . More, and then tap on Additional options.
- Choose the option Change to a private channel.
- Tap on Change to Private to confirm the update. All channel members will be notified inside the channel that it has been converted to Private.